Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Banana Peach Bread

I was craving something sweet the other day, so I looked around in my kitchen and decided to use what I had to make this delicious, moist bread!  I combined a zucchini cake recipe with a banana bread recipe, added a few peaches to the mix, and voila "Banana Peach Bread!"  Since this was a first for me in making my own bread recipe I had my family judge it for me.  My sister Jami said it was a great fall bread with the cinnamon and cloves.  She also added I should make one for my Memaw(who is the ultimate cook).  I also took some to my dad to take home for him and my mom.  Well the bread didn't make it home for my mom to taste!  I hope you try this one, and let me know what you think!

Ingredients
1 banana
4 slices of canned peaches
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 and grease bread pan.
In mixing bowl, smash banana and peaches.  Pour melted butter over and mix. Mix in sugar, egg, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, and salt.  Mix in flour.  Pour in bread pan and bake for 45-60 minutes.  I baked mine for approximately 50 minutes.  Let cool for 1 hour before you transfer out of bread pan!


No comments:

Post a Comment