Thursday, August 16, 2012

Chocolate Chip Pound Cake


The other day while I was on Pinterest I saw this delicious looking cake, and knew that my mom had made one similar before.  So I called my mom and asked her for the recipe, and to borrow her bundt pan because I didn't have one.  My sweet momma delivered the recipe to me inside a new bundt pan for me!  Thank you Mom!  I will now be baking a lot more cakes!  So when comparing my mom's recipe to the one on Pinterest they were very similar only my mom's called for less ingredients! 
Ingredients for my Mom's Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
  • 1 yellow box cake mix
  • 1 small box of instant vanilla pudding
  • 1 small box of instant chocolate pudding
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup of oil
  • 1 1/2 cup of water
  • 1 1/2 pkg milk chocolate chips
Directions
Preheat your oven 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients and pour into your bundt pan,  Bake for 45 minutes to one hour.

This cake is so rich and so moist!  I think I'll go enjoy another piece right now!!
Note: My mom has made it with 2 boxes of instant vanilla pudding instead of one of each, and it is still delicious, and gives the cake more of a yellow color!

1 comment:

  1. We were on vacation a few weeks ago at the beach and I made this cake. Everybody loved it! It turned out really good! The only thing I might try and add next time is some kind of home made icing of some sort. Anyway, I am really enjoying the recipes you post! Cant wait to make the Portobello-Chicken Lo Mein!

    ReplyDelete