Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mom's Mexican Salad

This was my absolute favorite dinner my mom made when growing up.  It's safe to say it was a household favorite, and the choice for many birthday dinners!  It was also the first dinner I made for Ryan, and probably a crucial part in his decision that he wanted to marry me. LOL!  I've made my own version that you can find in an early post that uses different chips and a different dressing.

Ingredients
Iceberg Lettuce, shredded
Tomatoes, Cut in smaller pieces
Purple onion, Chopped
1 can red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
1 lb ground beef, fully cooked
Frito's
8 oz Catalina dressing
Grated cheese

Directions
Combine all ingredients in bowl.  Toss with dressing and top with grated cheese!  This meal is great for an evening you don't have much time to spend in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment